An Anachronism is a What?

Dear reader, our entry today is slightly out of the ordinary. Fear not; change is a good thing! Besides, this could be the beginning of a new vocabulary segment….or something of that nature.

So what is an anachronism anyway?

anachronism (from the Greek ανά, "against," and χρόνος, "time") is something that is out of its proper time. For example, if a play set during the Roman Republic portrays a person using an electronic computer, the computer is an anachronism


“How wonderful!” you may be exclaiming to yourself (or to someone who is within hearing vincinity). Please wait, as it does get better! For we have an answer to a question that has not even been asked yet. That question being: What is anachronistic displacement?

“Anachronistic displacement is a psychological condition referring to an obsessive or dysfunctional belief or claim that a person "belongs" or should properly exist in another time period, and are thus unable to deal with ordinary factors in the everyday world. Senior citizens in particular can often experience feelings of anachronistic displacement if they feel the modern world has evolved to the point where they no longer "fit in" or understand their surroundings.”


As a result of this entry, the actions of countless numbers of people will change in the future. A true pradigm shift has taken place. See the example below!

Old Way (Pre- anachronism Post):
Friend: Wow, I love The Beatles. I believe from the bottom of my heart that I should have been born in the 60’s. I hate these so-called modern times.

You: I think you have a psychological condition

Friend: What!? How could you say such a thing?

You: No seriously, check Wikipedia.

Friend (After taking your suggestion): Wow, you are correct. I should not have doubted you.


New Way (Post- - anachronism Post)

Friend: Wow, I love The Beatles. I believe from the bottom of my heart that I should have been born in the 60’s. I hate these so-called modern times.

You: I think you have a psychological condition

Friend: What!? How could you say such a thing?

You: No seriously, check out What I Learned From Wikipedia.

Friend: What’s the address?

You: http://whatilearnedfromwikipedia.blogspot.com

Friend (After taking your suggestion): Wow, you are correct. I should not have doubted you.


What a change! See how useful this blog can be? Now go fourth and let your friends (or enemies if you hate this place) know about this blog. It’s so obscure I sometimes forget it exists….IT DOESN’T GET ANY COOLER THAN THIS!

Wikipedia page on Anachronisms.

Technorati Tags: , ,

posted by mikeyarmo @ 6:14 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home